We are committed to investing in programmes that make a tangible difference. We focus on three key areas of wellbeing, the environment and inspiring youth.
Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park
The iconic Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park concerts in Auckland and Christchurch are one of the largest, free, family events on New Zealand’s Christmas calendar. The magic of Christmas is brought to life in these outdoor concerts which feature some of the country’s top singers, dancers, musicians, choirs and bands.
We partner with a number of key organisations to make a difference. Some of the organisations we are currently working with are:
- Love NZ – making it easy for us to recycle when we’re out and about.
- Keep New Zealand Beautiful – we’ve worked with KNZB for many years, we now help them to further environmental education in the community via accessing grant funding from the global Coca-Cola Foundation. Most recently we helped KNZB access a $180,000 grant from the global Coca-Cola Foundation for community projects to encourage and facilitate recycling in 2013.
- Prime Minister’s Youth Development Programme – we help to make a difference to these students who have overcome adversity to make ongoing positive life changes.
- First Foundation – we’re delighted to offer a helping hand to students from low-decile schools to support their dream of receiving tertiary education through the First Foundation’s scholarship programme.
- SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise) – is a programme where students apply business concepts to develop community outreach programmes that improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need.
- The Public Place Recycling Scheme – we have been a member of the Public Place Recycling Scheme (PPRS) since it’s inception in 2013 and hold the position of chair on the committee. The PPRS recycling bins promote the “Love NZ” brand.
- Glass Packaging Forum (GPF) – we are a founding member of the GPF which was established in 2006. The GPF is funded by its members and is the product steward for glass containers to ensure acceptable environmental recovery options are in place.